What does it take to catch an eye? A deliberately misspelled title? A vaguely artistic layout with a handwriting font? A flashy, color-coordinated page?

What does it take to keep your eye? A cleverly written post about a world observation? Beautiful photography? A carefully controlled revealing of opinion, feelings, emotions and motivation?

What does it take to keep you coming back?

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Paper Art

Paper box w/ crane. Resting on my index finger (yes, it is that small)

Origami is a good hobby for someone who can't keep their hands still, like me.

I enjoy it because it requires focus, patience, and the more you do it, the better you get.

Meditative activities that involve using my hands and brain always interest me. Perhaps that's why I'm so drawn to art and music; I can use tools to create something else that's beautiful. And unique.

Isn't that the essence of art, anyhow?

No comments:

Post a Comment